The internet is brimming with cannabis gummy bear recipes. Each of these “how to make weed gummy bear” guides offers its own, unique recipe. And they all claim to have the best and easiest gummy recipe. Of course, we also have our own special weed gummy bears recipe, which we believe is the best among all! But, before we get to that recipe part, let’s first learn what weed gummy bears are.
What exactly are Cannabis Gummy Bears?
We’ve all eaten gummy bears as children and, without a doubt, enjoyed them. Gummy bears are small fruit gum candies that are similar to jelly babies in some English-speaking countries. Similarly, CBD gummy bears or weed gummy bears are cannabis infused gummy bears or gummy bears containing a trace amount of CBD. It is one type of CBD edibles.
What Makes Weed Gummy Bears So Popular?
Cannabis gums have a few perks over other CBD edibles, which is why they’re still a popular snack among marijuana users. Some of the benefits that have made CBD gummy bears so popular are listed below.
1. Weed Gummy Bears Are Simple To Consume
Cannabis infused weed gummy bears, unlike other CBD products like CBD oil, CBD isolate, and others, are very easy to consume. You can eat it whenever you want, just like regular chocolate. Make sure you don’t overdo it, though. Gummy bears are small in size and solid in nature, making them easy to carry while travelling or at work. Furthermore, dosing gummies in their whole form has additional benefits. Ultimately, this is the chief factor for the widespread popularity of weed gummy bears.
2. Weed Gummy Bears Dissolve Easily in the Mouth
Another advantage of cannabis infused gummies is that they dissolve quickly in the mouth. When you eat these gummy bears, they slowly dissolve in your mouth and travel throughout your body via the bloodstream, ensuring that you receive the maximum CBD benefits. Unlike weed gummy bears, other cannabis edibles must be absorbed by the body after consumption. As a result, their impact typically takes a long time to manifest.
3. Weed Gummy Bears are delicious
Yes, cannabis-infused gummy bears are yummy. And this could be one of the reasons why gummy bears are so popular among elderly people. Aside from that, there are a variety of flavours to choose from. Green apple gummy bears, strawberry gummy bears, lemonade gummy bears, citrus flavour gummy bears, cherry mango gummy bears are some of the well-known gummy bears’ flavours. Due to their small size, texture, and variety of tasty flavours, CBD gummy bears taste yummy.
4. It’s Simple To Store Weed Gummy Bears
When purchasing CBD products, it’s always essential to think about how you’ll store them. The same can be said for cannabis-infused gummy bears. However, unlike CBD oils, weed gummy bears are relatively simple to store. Put them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator to avoid going stale. It will have a long life span and will not break or crumble as a result of this. You can keep the Cannabis gummy bears fresh for weeks if you do it this way.
5. Weed Gummy Bears Recipe Is Easy
Cooking weed gummy bears is simple. It will only take a few ingredients, kitchen tools, and time to prepare. Aside from that, there are various cannabis gummy bear recipes to choose from, each with its own flavour, texture, and shape. This will give you the option of selecting the best CBD gummy bear recipe from the hundreds of varied recipes.
It is worthy to note that, Homemade cannabis gummy bears are also preferred over store-bought gummy bears because they are free of artificial and harmful colours and additives.
The cannabis gummy bear recipe is explained in detail in the following section.
How Do You Make Cannabis Gummy Bears at Home? Step-by-Step Guide
Making weed gummy bears at home begins with decarboxylation, followed by making cannabis tincture, and finally, the gummy bears. But what exactly is weed decarboxylation, and how can you make cannabis tincture at home? Let’s learn that first.
1. Cannabis Decarboxylation
Decarboxylation is a chemical reaction that activates compounds in the plant and increases the potency of cannabis. Decarboxylation, in particular, activates all tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) in the cannabis plant. It converts THCA to THC.
Once activated, cannabinoids can interact freely and directly with the endocannabinoid system’s receptors in the brain and throughout the body. THC’s intoxicating effects are caused by this interaction between activated cannabinoids and ECS receptors.
THC is present as THCA when it is not decarboxylated, which is a non-intoxicating acidic version of the cannabinoid. As a result, marijuana that has not been decarboxylated has no intoxicating properties.
Therefore, you must decarboxylate cannabis before using it in the recipe for cannabis gummy bears.
What is the most effective method for decarboxylating cannabis?
Using your hands, crumble your buds into small pieces. Wrap the weed pieces in tin foil. Place your wrapped weed pieces in a baking dish. Preheat the oven to 100 degrees Celsius/110 degrees and bake the weed for 40-50 minutes. That’s it! This will convert inactive THCA into active THC!
Let’s move on to the next step in our cannabis gummy bears tutorial.
2. Make CBD Tincture
Making CBD tincture is the next step in the cannabis gummy bear recipe after you finish the decarboxylation process.
To make cannabis tincture, place decarbed cannabis in a jar with a lid and cover with high-proof food-grade alcohol like Everclear.
The alcohol will extract your weed’s active compounds. Keep the jar with the alcohol and weed in a dark place for a week or so if you want to make a potent cannabis tincture.
For a more effective extraction, shake the jar every day. If you’re excitable, aggressively shaking the jar will allow the cannabinoids to absorb more readily into the alcohol. However, if you want a potent tincture, you should give the extraction at least a few days.
Allow some of the alcohol to evaporate by leaving the lid open for a few hours each day, which will make the cannabis tincture more potent and denser. After a few days of extraction, strain the tincture through a cheesecloth or a fine sieve to remove all plant material. To keep your cannabis tincture fresh, pour it into a bottle and store it in the refrigerator.
Once the cannabis tincture is prepared, we will move to the real action– cannabis gummy bears recipe.
Cannabis Infused Gummy Bears Recipe
To make weed gummy bears, you will need the following ingredients and kitchen tools.
- Baking dish or silicone baking moulds
- Dropper bottle
- Cooking spray
- ⅓ cup water
- 3 tbsp (1–15ml) Gelatin (Or Agar)
- ⅔ cup fruit puree, thawed
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2–3 tsp. (10–15ml) cannabis tincture
3. The next step in the weed gummy bears recipe is– In a saucepan, mix the fruit puree, water, and lemon juice. Set your stove to medium temperature. Cook for a few minutes while stirring constantly, until the mixture becomes smooth.
4. With the help of whisk, add 2–3 teaspoons of your cannabis tincture to the mixture.
5. Whisk in the gelatine or agar slowly until it dissolves and the mixture become smooth.
6. Take the saucepan off the stove. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish or moulds using the dropper on the bottle.
7. Place the moulds in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes to cool.
8. Cut the gums out of the moulds into desired bite-sized pieces.
9. To keep your cannabis gums from sticking together, toss them in icing sugar. If you prefer your gums to be sour, toss them in a mixture of sugar and citric acid!
10. Store your gums in a cool, dark location in a container with a lid. They’ll last 2–3 weeks in the fridge.
That’s it! Didn’t we tell you that making cannabis gummy bears is a breeze? All you have to do is make sure you have the right amount of ingredients and that you follow the recipe steps exactly.
Now that you’ve made the delicious CBD gummy bears by following the weed gummy bear and recipe to the note, it’s time to decide on dosage and storage.
How Should CBD Gummy Bears Be Stored?
Storage of these bears is just as important as following the weed gummy bears recipe. It will go stale in days if you don’t store it properly. However, proper storage will ensure that it lasts a long time.
The following are some factors to consider when storing CBD gummy bears.
- Keep the Gummy Bears in the Refrigerator: Not only the CBD gummy bears but all CBD snacks should be kept in the refrigerator. The refrigerators are a wonderful place to keep your CBD snacks fresh & in shape for a week or two.
- Keep it out of direct sunlight: Excessive light can encourage mould growth and potentially degrade the CBD itself. Keeping the CBD-infused gummy bears in the dark place can help keep them from decaying prematurely. Not only that, but the light has the ability to heat objects, causing binding agents such as gelatin to melt.
- Protect The Gummy Bears From Moisture: Even a small amount of moisture can ruin CBD snacks. While a moist environment is unlikely to reduce the CBD’s potency, an inedible snack wastes the CBD contained within it.
- Store The Gummy Bears In A Sealed Jar: Anything infused with CBD should always be kept out of reach of pets and children, but you should take it a step further with your storage considerations. Foods that are stored in airtight containers have been shown to have the longest shelf life. Keeping your CBD products in airtight containers keeps bugs out while also preventing rotting by obstructing wet air from entering.
We are confident that if you follow all of these suggestions, you will be able to keep your CBD gummy bears fresh for a long time.
So now that you know how to make cannabis gummy bears at home, how to decarboxylate weed, make the cannabis infused tincture, and the steps to making cannabis gummy bears, it’s time to move on to the final step: how to dose CBD gummies.
How Should CBD Gummy Bears Be Consumed?
The correct CBD dosage is critical for achieving the best results and avoiding any adverse health effects.
Most CBD gummy bears contain 10 to 25 milligrammes of CBD. The CBD amount can be adjusted if you make the cannabis gummy bears at home. Also, the amount of CBD tincture oil used and the CBD content of the tincture will determine the potency of your homemade cannabis gummy bears.
Again, the amount of CBD per gummy bear and the number of dosages depend on the effect you want to achieve. However, as a beginner, we recommend starting with 10 mg gummies. For a period of two to three weeks, stick to that schedule. If there are no side effects and you are able to increase the dosage, do so; otherwise, stick to the 10mg dosage.
If you experience any side effects, such as dizziness or discomfort, contact your doctor right away.
So there you have it: a complete guide to making cannabis gummy bears at home, storing CBD gummy bears, and dosing weed gummy bears. We hope that this information has clarified the cannabis gummy bears recipe for you.
Summary: CBD gummy bears are one of the most popular CBD products among marijuana enthusiasts. Cannabis gummy bears come in a variety of flavours, textures, and shapes. Furthermore, if you are not satisfied with the quality of the ready-made CBD gummy bears, you can follow the Cannabis gummy bear recipe and make the cannabis-infused gummy bears at home. However, make sure to follow all of the above-mentioned steps and ingredient recommendations. Also, keep the gummies in the dark place, such as the refrigerator, and take the proper dosage to avoid side effects.