Takeaway: Brownies are like the Chips of desserts, everyone likes them! And adding a little herb to them only adds to their tastiness. Everyone has seen people easily making and eating pot brownies and having the time of their lives. But these people exist only in movies, in reality, making good pot brownies is a rare skill. More often than not they get burnt, sometimes the ingredients fall short and on some occasions, things fall apart altogether. This article teaches you the best way to make pot brownies so that you don’t fudge it up!
Html code here! Replace this with any non empty text and that's it.
When it comes to edible cannabis, these rich instant pot brownies loaded with chocolate are an immediate hit. Hence, making me a huge fan and satisfying my ever-alive sweet craving. And let me tell you, nothing can ruin my day as well as a poorly made dessert.
Are you like that too?
What I do for a solution is to rely on my own recipe for pot brownies. Well, not my own. It’s a hand-me-down recipe, but since I am the one sharing, it’s now my own.
Before we get into the recipe for how to make pot brownies, which is a super easy recipe, let’s see a list of things to remember. These are somewhat difficult to remember if you do not follow them before relishing these brownies!
- When it comes to consuming marijuana edibles, start out slowly. Oh, I know how easy it is to slip and gobble in large quantities, but don’t. Especially if you are a novice. Edible cannabis takes time to work, based on your metabolism. So consume and wait for it to work!
Speaking from experience – mine as well as others.
- Do not forget point no. 1 if you want to avoid couch locking.
Seriously, don’t ignore proportions and don’t overestimate your consumption capacity!
So, to play it safe and to know how much cannabis you are consuming, it’s best to turn to your kitchen. Make your own savory pot brownies and gorge on them responsibly with full knowledge of the results.
Also, you can tweak with the recipe, making it more to your liking (after all, it’s you who is going to eat it).
You can make it more chocolaty or probably stronger with the slightly raw taste of marijuana.
Okay, let’s get right into it. I need to go make some after sharing this!
POT BROWNIE INGREDIENTS
- Unsweetened chocolate – 4 ounces (Use quality chocolate for the best taste)
- Cannabutter – 3/4 cup (You can also use Cannabis Cooking oil if you want)
- Coconut sugar – 1 3/4 cups
- Kosher salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
- Large eggs – 3 in number
- All-purpose flour – 1 3/4 cup
- Chopped walnuts (optional) – 2/3 cup
- Mint leaves, minced (optional*) – 3 in number
*If you do not like the flavor and scent of weed, you can add finely chopped mint leaves, and that’ll do the magic.
Now, the recipe clearly mentions cannabutter, and I’m sure if you are just starting to bake, you’d need a little direction there as well, right?
So, here is the recipe that will eliminate the scope to err while making cannabutter
Firstly, why to make cannabutter? I mean, you could easily use the regular butter and get rid of a lot of hard work, right?
But, the magic of making the perfect weed brownies lies in making the perfect cannabutter. Why would you make pot brownies if you do not want the taste of getting high?
Also, by adding cannabutter, you make stronger weed brownies or you’d have to glut on half the plate for effect. Which means making a bigger batch for satisfaction. And if there’s a party for which you want to bake these pot brownies, you’d still be in the kitchen after the party’s over baking large batches!
Let’s get started with the cannabutter recipe!
INGREDIENTS FOR CANNABUTTER:
- Finely ground cannabis trim – 1/8 ounce
Finely grounded is crucial since it releases the flavors effectively, however time-taking it may seem.
- Unsalted butter – 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks)
- Preheat the oven to 240°F (115°C). Place the cannabis on a baking sheet and spread it evenly. Bake for 50 minutes or 35-40 mins if you are using less of the marijuana. Remove it from the oven and set it aside.
Timing is extremely important unless you are okay with eating really overly strong tasting brownies.
- Melt butter over low heat in a medium saucepan.
The keyword is low. Please folLOW. I really want this recipe to work more than you do.
- Lower the heat to a simmer while adding decarboxylated cannabis. Cook for 45 minutes, then remove from heat.
What’s decarboxylation, you’d ask. Decarboxylation is heating the herb to activate it to its psychoactive form fully. And that’s what we are trying to achieve here, right?
- Strain cannabutter through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth into a small glass measuring cup or bowl. Discard strained cannabis solids or save for cannabis tea.
I personally save it for the tea. You can discard it. Probably not. I’d suggest you save it for the tea.
FINALLY, The Flawless Pot Brownies Recipe!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Use some cooking spray to grease a 9-by-13 inch glass baking pan.
If you do not have the 9-by-13 inch glass baking pan, abort the cooking. Just kidding. You can use what you have in your kitchen.
- Use a large glass mixing bowl to melt the chocolate over a saucepan of boiling water, or you could use the microwave to melt it too.
It’s a visual treat to watch the chocolate melt. Also, half the time, I end up satiating my sweet craving with the molten chocolate, leaving all the other ingredients sitting idle in the kitchen. Do NOT do that. Let’s see this through.
- Now, to the melted chocolate, add the cannabutter and mix it until combined properly. Proceed by mixing in coconut sugar, salt, and vanilla.
All that hard work you put in to make the cannabutter will now pay off, trust me. Stuff one brownie in your mouth, enjoy the ride, and you can personally thank me.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing them simultaneously until mixed and fully incorporated.
Oh, I know you hate the ‘one at a time’ instruction, but it’s essential. Mixing correctly is the key to my perfect pot brownie recipe.
- Mix in the flour, and walnut or mint, if using.
Like I mentioned above, add mint leaves minced properly to get rid of the marijuana smell.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for about 25–30 minutes. Let it cool slightly, and then you can cut it into pieces. You can store leftovers in the refrigerator if you want to consume within a week, or you could put it in the freezer to store for a few months. But make sure to mark them correctly!
Do not over-bake. Unless you want to eat not-so-perfect pot brownies.
Some notes for the recipe:
- You can add cannabis according to your dosage level and how much you can consume responsibly.
- Use the recipe to make fantastic weed brownies only if it’s legal. Learn about the legal laws of your state and keep experimenting with fun recipes.
Make these easy pot brownies and let us know how they turn out to be.