Waffles are all you need to champion your day.
But if it’s a cannabis-based waffle— you can consume the classical breakfast treat at any time of the day.
Breakfast. Dinner. Dessert— weed waffle has the audacity to please your taste bud— no matter whenever you eat.
From steaming up through the day’s challenge to mastering a sound sleep after a long tiring day, from reserving energy of your mind and body for the remaining day to having super nighty-goody sessions with your spouse— cannabis-infused waffle could just be the wholesome favourite meal.
ALL THAT GIVES HIGH ARE NOT TASTELESS— SOME ARE BAD. AND SOME ARE CANNABIS-WAFFLE
Many cannabis and weed recipes often end up tasting bad.
Skunky— to be precise.
But who cares? Anyone will love to enjoy intense waves of euphoria if that’s what bad tastes bring.
But why to trade-off great flavour for euphoria, or why to give upon euphoria for a better savoury?
You shouldn’t do this as long as the recipe for weed waffle exists.
Weed waffles have different plans for the frontal lobes of your brain that control tasting sensation.
You can earn savoury and euphoria simultaneously with such a recipe which is going to be a sureshot fire on your psyche.
MAKING WAFFLE THE CANNA-WAFFLE
You can make canna-waffles out of waffles by merely using the most crucial ingredient— cannabutter.
Cannabutter is nothing but a frequent replacement for butter that’s used for making cannabis edibles.
Before you dive into the making recipe for cannabis-infused waffles, make sure that you have cannabutter to “cannabize your kitchen racks.”
For the sake of your convenience— we will cover the cannabutter recipe too.
Pre-preparation for cannabis waffle— making cannabutter
- 1 cup of salted butter
- 5-7 grams of cannabis strain (of your liking)
- Small to a medium-sized bowl
- Small to a medium-sized saucepan
- Coffee filters/cheesecloth/paper towel
- Put the salted butter in the saucepan.
- Apply low heat to melt it.
- Take ground strains and beat it into fine powdery form.
- Once the butter has melted, add these fine powdery weed buds in the butter.
- Use a spatula for stirring and making a consistent mixture.
- Simmer at the temperature below boiling point. Let the bubbles pop up steadily of the solution. Apply low heat for almost 45 minutes.
- While the mixture simmers, keep stirring it so that the butter doesn’t burn.
- Cover the bowl with cheesecloth or coffee filters.
- Pour the butter on cheesecloth and strain it. Wait for the liquid to settle down in the bowl below. You can use a paper towel too; however, it will absorb a bit of butter during straining. So, there will be loss in cannabutter output.
- Use a spatula for pushing the maximum butter through filters as every drop of cannabutter is precious.
- Throw away the plant remnants caught in cheesecloth.
- Place the cannabutter bowl for at least one hour into the fridge for solidification.
- Now your cannabutter is ready to be used. You can use the entire cannabutter or its pieces as per your need.
Now that we have the most essential ingredient ready for weed-waffle, our job is already half-done.
So, without further ado— let’s quickly jump into making and grabbing our mouth-watery— super-enticing cannabis-waffles.
- Two eggs
- ½ cup cannabutter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of self-rising flour
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups of warm milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Waffle iron
- Large bowl
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Begin with preheating the waffle iron. Preheating a waffle maker is the key to perfect waffles. You can keep the temperature at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
*It is to ensure that you are making and serving some of the crispiest and tastiest waffles. Experts say that lights on the waffle maker can be deceiving. You should at least go for 15 to 20 minutes before you place the first batter. Preheating will make sure that your waffle bread is brown and toasty at every nook.*
- Put the eggs in a large bowl. Try to make them fluffy.
*You can whisk or beat the egg white using electric or manual egg whisk. Whisking induces air bubbles into the egg which result in a fluffy egg solution.*
- Pour water or milk on fluffy whisked eggs.
*Milk contributes to a bland and slightly sweet-flavoured richness in the waffle. Water is a good substitute for milk; however, it adds a little less texture and flavour in comparison to the milk.*
- Add melted cannabutter with sugar and salt on the mixture.
*Akin to butter, cannabutter will add salty and tangy complexities in the waffle flavour. It also brings a unique texture to it. Use sugar and salt as per your taste needs.*
- Drizzle some vanilla essence on the mixture.
*Vanilla essence again makes up as a fantastic flavour. Not just taste, but it adds aromatic-brilliance to the waffle.*
- Splash a bit of baking powder over the top of the mixture.
*Being a leavening agent— baking powder sees to it that your waffle reaches the favourite shape. Baking chemical pushes up the waffle to rise, and induces tender and fluffiness.*
- Sprinkle all-purpose flour on it.
*All-purpose flour is one of the go-to ingredients of waffles if you want to have a balanced texture. You can also add whole-wheat flour if you want the texture to be a little heavier*
- Stir the mixture throughout.
*We stir the mixture properly because we want to maintain the consistent temperature of the entire volume. Doing this would make sure that we aren’t overheating any portion of the solution and the mixture is smooth.*
- Spray a mild coating of non-sticky cooking-oil on the preheated waffle iron.
*Coating waffle iron with non-stick cooking oil is nothing but greasing which prevents the mixture from sticking to it.*
- Bake the waffle for five to eight minutes if you are trying thinner waffles. Bake it till it turns golden brown. You don’t have to turn the waffle. Keep it as it is.
*Thicker batters like Belgian Waffles will take more time to bake. *
- Cannabis-infused waffles are ready to be served. Serve them hot with a small fork and tadah! You are ready for the favourite munchie-pastime.
BUT THAT’S NOT THE END
Continue reading this if you want to have wild experiments or add unique toppings to convert an easy waffle recipe into the best waffle recipe.
The most exciting part about waffles is that any topping goes marvellously well with it— not sure if toppings make waffles taste better, or waffles make any topping worth its price.
Maple syrup has been one of the most common toppings for adding a clean yet sophisticated hint of caramel, prune, and vanilla over waffle.
If you are not too obsessed with orderliness— you can also add pancake syrups. However, they taste singularly sweet and not as complicated as maple apart from radiating detectable hints of artificial flavours.
To add more sweetness and a bit of metallic taste, sprinkle confectioners like icing sugar or cocoa-based chocolate sauce.
Whipped cream with vanilla can also add non-grainy texture.
Here’s the catch about toppings— there’s no measured quantity for toppings.
Add as much as you like— more or less— depending on your taste bud call.
You can also blow up your mind with complementing toppings based on your creativity.
Explore your creative limits, experiment out mind-boggling ideas, and hit your diverse taste bud with ever-delicious cannabis-infused waffles.
The effect of cannabis differs from person to person.
Therefore, it’s advised to get proper details of its concentration and action in the body before you ram them down into your system.
Don’t hesitate to take help from your medical advisors because they can prescribe the optimal dosage for you.
We’d also recommend you to refrain from cannabis if the legal laws of your land stigmatize cannabis and don’t allow its consumption.
Holding your urge to have cannabis might see you victorious in some time (a few years) because most of the states in the United States of America have lifted the ban from medical marijuana.
Who knows— slight patience, for now, will reward you with legal consumption of marijuana throughout your life.